Hazardous Substances - Regular Contact
Developed in conjunction with WorkCover Corporation, this series of courses cover hazardous substance use in the workplace. The three courses are aimed at:
- Employees in occasional contact with hazardous substances
- Employees in regular contact with hazardous substances
- Managers & Supervisors responsible for areas where hazardous substances are used
Throughout the courses, interactive workplace simulations and animations develop and reinforce the participant's understanding of hazardous substances and how to work with them safely.
- Your role and responsibilities in relation to hazardous substances
- The methods and procedures for safe hazardous substance use according to role
- How to fulfill your responsibilities in relation to hazardous substances
- How to keep safe when working near or with hazardous substances
The regular contact course covers:
- Standard operating procedures
- How to work with hazardous substances
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Common methods of control and signage
The course has been designed to provide training for all staff in regular contact with hazardous substances.